What is Cocaine Addiction?
Cocaine wasn’t always considered harmful. In fact, just a few decades ago experts recommended that it be used in substance abuse treatment programs. You could find cocaine in regular food and drink items, including carbonated soft drinks. Eventually people started to notice the negative effects and the drug started to become banned in several countries, and that includes Canada.
Cocaine is a stimulant so people that use it feel energetic, alert, and euphoric. They feel like they can take on any challenge and get good results; which gives them addictive confidence. In its purest form, cocaine is derived from the coca bush, but the drug available in the market is often illegally manufactured and synthetic. It’s also mixed with other dangerous chemicals that only increase drug addiction and its consequences.
How do we approach Cocaine addiction?
We take cocaine addiction very seriously and know that this is one of the most difficult addictions to overcome. Inpatient individuals often struggle with intense withdrawal systems and equally intense cravings. Relapse can be fatal because people can overdose during the process. That’s why we have a set system to help people with substance abuse problems and this includes:
Our experts will assess the individual with substance abuse problems and their family in order to determine the root cause of the problem. This helps us develop better treatment plans so we ensure our clients are on the right track to recovery.
Sometimes supervised detoxification is needed in order to heal from cocaine addiction. This can be a very uncomfortable process so we make sure our clients are in a safe, controlled environment when they receive treatment for their addition.
After the assessment and detoxification is complete, we start on the inpatient treatment program. It consists of a number of steps and takes a holistic approach to drug addiction treatment. This treatment process includes:
- Individual, group, and family counseling so the inpatient individuals have personal and social support on their road to recovery.
- Discussion of coping mechanisms to help individuals deal with withdrawal systems, cravings, and anxiety.
- Relapse prevention and managing relapse triggers.
- Self-awareness and self-esteem development.
- Anger management
- Physical well-being management through exercise, yoga, physical activities, etc.
- Art, music, and self-photography therapy to help build awareness.
- Recreational activities to keep the mind and body engaged.
As you can see, we take a multidirectional approach to treatment and enable our client with the tools and confidence to avoid future addiction and relapse.
What signs do you need to look out for?
Cocaine addiction is very visible if you know what you need to look out for. Here are some signs and symptoms you need to keep in mind:
- Mood swings, changes in temper, anger, and irrational behavior
- Lack of sleep or appetite
- Anxiety, paranoia, and recklessness.
If you want to know more about the addictions we treat at Addiction Rehab Toronto, please get in touch with us by calling 1 (855) 999-9098 or send an email to email@example.com.