What is Heroin addiction?
Heroin is a highly addictive drug that can be consumed through injection or inhalation. This drug draws millions of individuals throughout the world and can keep them dangerously addicted for months. Heroin is delivered quickly to the brain and provides a rush of euphoria, which is why heroin is one of the most common causes of addiction in Canada.
Do you need professional treatment?
It’s difficult to admit you have a problem with substance abuse, and it’s even more difficult to seek out the assistance that you need. Individuals that suffer from substance abuse often try to handle the problem themselves and deal with withdrawals without professional supervision. That can have serious consequences on your health and well-being. Some withdrawal symptoms can be so unbearable, they can lead to relapse; and people suffering from severe relapse often overdose. That can prove to be fatal, which is why it’s essential to have professionally supervised treatment.
We offer 30, 60, and 90 day treatment programs that focus on physical, psychological, spiritual, and social healing so your recovery is consistent and effective over the long term. These programs are designed to increase the inpatient individual’s mental fortitude and strength to help them cope with life on their own and without outside assistance.
How do we handle heroin addiction?
All our treatment plans are personalized and customized to suit individual circumstances. There’s no one-size fits all when it comes to heroin addiction and we believe that effective treatment requires a deeper look into the motivations and mindsets of the addicted individuals. Heroin addiction withdrawal requires constant supervision and careful guidance because relapse is painful and often fatal.
At Addiction Rehab Toronto, we believe in a multidirectional and holistic approach to addiction that focuses on improving the quality of life and removing addiction at the same time. Our therapy includes:
- Carefully supervised detox by professionals
- Individual counseling to understand the underlying mindset that lead to addiction
- Family counseling to help loved ones deal with addiction
- Group counseling to help inpatient individuals gain companionship and support from people in similar circumstances
- Contingency management education
- Relapse prevention sessions and workshops to ensure you don’t fall back into a bad habit
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Yoga and meditation to help improve both physical and mental health
- Life management courses to help deal with personal and professional stresses without resorting to drugs or alcohol
- Physical fitness and nutrition including exercises like Pilates with the help of personal trainers
- Recreational activities to keep inpatient clients entertained and engaged
These are just some of the many steps we can take in order to help inpatient individuals recover from addition and develop a healthier lifestyle. We also offer lifetime aftercare program to help you stay on track and minimize the chances of a relapse. If you want to know more about the addictions we treat, please get in touch with us by calling 1 (855) 999-9098 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.