What is Marijuana Addiction?
Marijuana is considered one of the most benign drugs available today and there’s a strong movement across the world to legalize its use. While marijuana is less likely to cause harm than other drugs like cocaine and heroin, it can be harmful and addictive to certain individuals. Different people react to marijuana differently, which is why it’s essential to control consumption. Many people have showcased signs of marijuana addiction in Canada.
Marijuana can cause relaxation or increased anxiety and paranoia as well. Marijuana can prove to very harmful and even addictive to some people. If it’s consumed for medical purposes, the treatment should be supervised by a medical professional. Marijuana addiction can place a strain on your finances as well as your personal relationships, which is why you need to address and treat it as soon as you see the first few signs.
How do we approach marijuana addiction?
At Addiction Rehab Toronto, inpatients stay in our facility 24/7 and receive thorough treatment and therapy regularly. The consistent support in a pleasant and compassionate environment helps these people overcome their addiction and develop mental fortitude to control impulses. Once patients complete their treatment with us, they leave our facility with confidence and strength.
We approach treatment and therapy from a number of different angles to ensure holistic healing and development. Our therapists, counselors, and addiction experts develop a comprehensive and effective plan that will include programs mentioned below:
- Individual, family counseling, group counseling
- Recreational programs to entertain
- Art and Music therapy to boost creativity and help keep inpatient individuals engaged
- Self-portrait photography to promote self-awareness and reflection
- Yoga and meditation to help inpatient individuals find a healthy physical and psychological balance
- Nutritional counseling to help individuals improve their overall health
- Physical fitness and personal training including Pilates
- Sessions and workshops dealing with relapse prevention and life management
- Long-term aftercare when patients leave our facility
Do you need professional treatment?
Many people with substance abuse problems believe that they can handle it themselves and eventually learn to control their impulses. Unfortunately, it’s not easy as it sounds.
Assistance from compassionate and experienced professionals can keep you on track and ensure you recover from drug addiction in a healthy manner.
What signs do you need to look out for?
As mentioned before, different people react differently to marijuana do addiction can be difficult to spot. Here are some of the common symptoms you need to look out for:
- Feelings of anxiety, irritation, and paranoia when not on marijuana can be an indication of addiction.
- Lack of motivation to work or study can also be a big indication of marijuana addiction.
- If someone can’t make rational and clear-headed decisions or participate in social engagement without the assistance of marijuana, they need to be assessed for addiction.
If you or your loved ones experience these symptoms, you need assistance from a professional and should delay in seeking aid. If you want to know more about the addictions we treat at Addiction Rehab Toronto, please get in touch with us by calling 1 (855) 999-9098 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.